Could you be suffering from food intolerance?
Food intolerance is associated with a wide range of unpleasant symptoms and many chronic conditions including:
- RESPIRATORY: asthma, sinusitis and rhinitis
- MUSCULOSKELETAL: aching muscles, arthritis, joint pain, muscle weakness
- GASTROINTESTINAL: vomiting, abdominal bloating, cramping, excessive wind, water retention, nausea, weight control problems, constipation, diarrhoea and reflux
- CENTRAL NERVOUS SYSTEM: migraine, impaired concentration, fatigue, anxiety, headache, mood and behavioural changes, depression and hyperactivity
- DERMATOLOGICAL: eczema, atopic dermatitis, hives, itchy skin and other rashes
Up to 45% of the population is estimated to suffer from some form of food intolerance
In contrast to food allergies which trigger an immediate immune response such as swelling of the tongue, breathing difficulties and tightening of the throat, the symptoms of food intolerance occur later – sometimes days – after the food has been eaten. This makes it difficult to identify the food or foods that are causing the symptoms. Production of IgG antibodies is one of the ways in which the body’s immune system reacts to food intolerances.
The Food DetectiveTM test allows for the rapid detection of food specific IgG antibodies from a small sample of blood (skin prick). The test is conducted at the Inner Vitality clinic so you’ll get the results of your test on the very same day. The majority of people find symptom relief within one to three months after removing the problem foods from the diet.
While the cause of food intolerances is not fully understood, poor digestion, an imbalance of gut flora, parasites, intestinal infections, a poorly balanced diet, alcohol consumption or the effects of certain drugs or medications may play a role.
The approach at Inner Vitality is to remove the aggravating foods, relieve symptoms and work on the factors that are making you more susceptible to an inappropriate immune response to particular foods or food groups so that you may be able to reintroduce these foods back into your diet at a later date.
If you have any questions about food intolerances or the Food DetectiveTM test contact me today to discuss if food intolerance testing is right for you.
FOOD DETECTIVEFood Intolerance Testing
- Professional Food Detective Test Only
- Book in for an initial consultation to get started today.