A healthy body needs the perfect balance of minerals for optimal health.
Many people know that minerals are essential to good health however, excesses, deficiencies or an imbalance of minerals can cause a raft of health problems. While getting the balance right may improve your mental and physical wellbeing.
A hair tissue mineral analysis (HTMA) provides detailed information about your mineral status and heavy metal toxicity which can then be used to assess the root causes of physical and mental health issues.
Minerals play important roles in a wide variety of biological processes in the human body. They are necessary for the proper functioning of the organs and tissues. Minerals provide structural support in teeth and bones. They maintain the body’s pH and water balance, muscle contractions, nerve activity, energy production and enzyme reactions.
Common causes of mineral imbalances:
- Ideally, we would get the perfect balance of minerals from our diet, but due to modern farming techniques, chemical fertilisers and depleted soils the mineral content of our foods is diminished.
- Environmental and physical stressors that are a part of modern-day living further deplete our mineral status.
- Our food supply has been infiltrated with pesticides, fertilisers and other toxic chemicals.
- Our tap water can contain chlorine, aluminium, fluoride and copper which can cause toxicity or an imbalance with other minerals
- Cigarette smoking
- Working in an industry that involves regular exposure to heavy metals such as dentists, welders, steel factory workers, service station attendees, beauty therapists, painters, builders, jewellers and more.
- Contaminated rainwater or water running through old copper pipes.
- Dental amalgam fillings
- Contaminated food such as rice, seafood and bone broths,
Metals can store in organs and interfere with the proper functioning of the body. Problems associated with heavy metal and liver toxicity include recurring infections, muscle weakness or pain, fatigue, brain fog, hormonal imbalances, thyroid problems, infertility, mood disorders, allergies and intolerances, multiple chemical sensitivities, behavioural problems and much more.
Benefits of HTMA:
- Safe, scientific, non-invasive pathology test.
- Reliable data on more than 35 nutrient and toxic minerals, and over 25 important mineral ratios.
- Valuable health information often not revealed in standard blood and urine tests.
- Discovery of nutrient mineral imbalances or toxic mineral excesses that may be affecting your health.
- Personalised patient test reports that assess your current mineral status, highlight areas of concern and recommend dietary changes and supplements for improved health and wellbeing.
What does the test involve?
The test requires a small sample of hair taken from the nape of the neck or from the pubic region if you have very short or coloured scalp hair. In order to put the findings of your test results within the context of your presenting health complaints and to provide you with comprehensive naturopathic support, it is a requirement that you attend an initial consultation before sending off your hair sample. The results of your test and your wellbeing program will be presented in a follow-up appointment approximately two to three weeks later.
HAIR TISSUE MINERAL ANALYSISReport & Wellness program
- Professional Hair Tissue Mineral Analysis Test, Report of Findings and Wellness Program Only
- Book in for an initial consultation to get started today